Sunday, October 11, 2015

Leaving Asia (9-21)

Sunday morning Khun Yindee and her husband took me to the bus station. 

















Khun Dakom met us there to give me my breakfast and lunch that Khun Toy had prepared—











small fish, wild mushrooms and rice. Then it was time to say “good-bye” to Khun Yindee, which was difficult.











Saying “good-bye” to these special friends is always difficult, but this time it was more difficult because I don’t know when I’ll see them again, but I know it won’t be soon.

The bus to Bangkok was the First Class bus again; so it was a good ride. I sadly watched the rice fields go by, as I know I’m leaving my Asian home and life and moving on. In Bangkok, I went to Pokpak’s apartment to pick up my big bag, and then she took me to the airport to embark on my journey out of Asia.


The first leg of the journey was from Bangkok to Seoul on an overnight flight. As I had hoped, starting at 12:20 AM enabled me to sleep for a few hours, which was good. After a few hours in Seoul, it was time to leave Asia. 36 hours after leaving Ubon, I arrived in Chicago to begin the next phase of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment