Thursday, January 15, 2015

End of the semester (1-16)

The semester is officially over. Since I finished my grades and paper work last week, there wasn’t much to do this week. Mostly I stayed home and relaxed and prepared to leave for my winter break holiday.

On Wednesday all of us except Dale went to Chengdu, where Sigve joined us, for a “good-bye” outing with Sean and Ian. Although both wanted to stay here for another semester, the university didn’t want to keep them. We had lunch at a Cantonese restaurant. Highlights were shrimp dim sum and lemon chicken. 





After eating, we went to People’s Park to hang out. There we had tea at one of the teahouses, which was relaxing. 










Several Chinese plum trees were blooming along with yellow-leafed trees. It always feels out of place to see leaves that are just now yellow.







Next we walked around Kuan Zhai Xiangzi (Wide and Narrow streets). I hadn’t been there for over a year; so that was nice. I especially enjoyed the narrow streets, as they are quieter. 








I also enjoyed the sculptures in the walls again. We finished the afternoon at a quiet bar before returning to Wenjiang.










Now it’s time to leave for the six-week break. I was feeling uncertain about this trip for a while, but now that the time has come, I’m excited to embark on this adventure to Indonesia and India. New things to do and places to see will be interesting and exciting.





No comments:

Post a Comment